Saturday 24 November 2012

Vancouver's Fine Coffee Explosion- Last But Not Least!

Wicked

1399 West 7th Avenue  Vancouver, BC

V6H 1B8

(604) 733-9425

 

After yesterday's blog post highlighting two new additions to the Vancouver specialty coffee scene, and my recent review of Matchstick, I realized that I have never blogged about Wicked.  Wicked has been around much longer than the others, and even after sampling the java of the new kids on the block, Wicked still remains my all-time favorite.  

Fortunately, Wicked is also the closest to where I live, nestled on a quiet corner of South Granville. Unlike the newer coffee joints above, Wicked offers free Wi-Fi all day long, making it a great place to settle down with your laptop for work or pleasure.  

Img_0777

Img_0776

The baristas here are all extremely friendly and pleasant to chat with while you wait for your beverage.  It is easy to tell that the have many regular customers, whom they are on a first name basis with.  Loyal customers are always a good sign, both of good product and good service.  

Speaking of product, I can confidently say that Wicked has my favorite Americano in the whole city. They put 4 shots in their large expresso drinks, so not only are they terrifically smooth, but they also put a nice bit of "pep in your step".  My first sip of this Americano never fails to make all of my woes temporarily melt away.

Wicked also offers an impressive selection of food.  Not only do they have a great selection of backed goods, including a decent gluten free and vegan assortment, but they also sell lunch items including soups, wraps, sandwiches and an amazing-looking vegetable tortialla pie which I have yet to try (its on the to-do list!).  For breakfast, I recommend their version of oatmeal, topped with dried fruits and brown sugar.  

So, although it is always good to go discover new things, please don't forget about the those that have survived the test of time because of their great customer rapport and yummy food and drink. Wicked has it down to a tee!

Wicked Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment