Monday 8 October 2012

Perfect Timing

After a bit of a slow long weekend with my poor hubby in the hospital, I decided to really make the most of my last day off.  Since the weather today was AMAZING (is it really October?) and had been inside St. Paul's Hospital for the afternoon, I headed out to the Grouse Grind for an end-of season go at "Nature's Stairmaster".

The gate apparently closes now at 4:30 but luckily at 5:30 when I got there, it was still opened.  If you have similar plans, just make sure you leave yourself enough time to avoid stubbling through the end in the dark (or bring a headlamp!).  The nights are noticeably closing in earlier every night now!

Tonight ended up being perfect for the hike- nice and cool, not many people on the mountain and, best of all, I made it up to the top just in time to witness the most beautiful sunset.  It made me really put everything in perspective and recognize that, no matter what the circumstances, I always have so much to be grateful for.  What a way to end this Thanksgiving Day weekend.

Img_0604

No comments:

Post a Comment